9. What is the Ministry of Health doing to prevent introduction of Ebola into country?
- In case an ill passenger enters Kenya, the Ministry of Health has procedures in place to protect against further spread of disease. These include:
- Establishment of collaborative platform between Kenya Government and the affected countries to ensure proper screening of all passengers at the airports.
- Screening passengers to identify any cases early.
- Notification to Ministry of health-port health services about ill passengers on a plane before arrival
- Investigation and isolation of ill travelers.
- The Ministry has prepared isolation facilities at Kenyatta National Hospital for management of any cases.
- MOH has provided guidelines to airlines for managing ill passengers and crew, and also disinfecting aircrafts.
- Health workers have also been prepared to manage any possible cases as well as taking steps to prevent the spread of this virus.